Monday, June 24, 2013

Readying the way

I started this post more than a year ago. All that was included was the URL to the "Success Checklist" below. I've gone through myriad change in the past year--haven't we all? Some of the points still resonate, and I have others that should be added to the list.

I'm attracted particularly to item 2 on the list,
Your Skills and Natural Abilities Find Their Purpose
 What a wow statement that is. I look for this each and every day, and sometimes foist my skills and abilities obtrusively on others. I do know one thing is true, I am a natural resource person for others. By 'resource' I don't mean that I have all the answers--God forbid I ever believe that about myself. I know better than to pretend that I know it all (I've been called that before, though). I love being helpful to others.

Using my skills and abilities I also satisfy numbers 3 and 9 on the list:
Your Intellectual Curiosity is Stimulated Daily AND You Pass Your Wisdom Along 
It's timely I found this draft today. I went looking for information on my next course in the IU Gerontology Certificate program. I have one more class to take and then a required practicum. I'm excited by the classwork and the experience I will gain, but I need to be able to manage something I am never quite convinced exists. It's number 6 on the list:
You Master Work/Life Balance
If anyone reading this has done this, and thus, achieved number 10 on the list, "Your Mind is At Peace," then please come see me and help share your wisdom with me. I need it desperately.
 

http://brandmakernews.com/business-brand/3166/the-success-checklist-for-entrepreneurs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment